Encounter News Punjabi

UP Congress Chief Ajay Rai Booked Over Alleged Remarks Against PM Modi in Mahoba

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Mahoba (Uttar Pradesh): Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Ajay Rai has been booked for allegedly making objectionable remarks against Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a public programme held in Mahoba district, police said on Saturday.

The FIR was registered at Kotwali Nagar police station following a complaint filed by BJP worker Neeraj Rawat. According to the complaint, Rai attended an event organised on May 22 in the Samad Nagar area by former Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee secretary Brijraj Ahirwar.

The complainant alleged that Rai arrived at the venue with a convoy of 15 to 16 vehicles and around 25 to 30 supporters, leading to obstruction on a public road and disruption of normal movement in the locality. It was further alleged that police and administrative officials had to divert from their regular duties to maintain law and order during the programme.

Rawat also accused Rai of using “abusive and objectionable language” against Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his address. He claimed videos of the alleged remarks later went viral on social media platforms, sparking public outrage.

A purported video of Rai making the remarks circulated widely online on Friday. However, the Congress leader dismissed the video as fake and alleged that it had been generated using artificial intelligence by the BJP.

Speaking to PTI, Rai said he would file a police complaint after reaching Lucknow, alleging misuse of AI technology to malign him politically.

Police said the FIR has been lodged against Ajay Rai, Brijraj Ahirwar and 25 to 30 unidentified supporters under multiple sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS). These include provisions related to wrongful restraint, assault or criminal force to deter public servants from duty, unlawful assembly, promoting enmity between groups and intentional insult intended to provoke breach of peace.

The complainant also submitted a pen drive containing the purported viral video as evidence and sought strict legal action against the accused.

The controversy comes amid an ongoing political confrontation in Uttar Pradesh over recent remarks made by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi targeting Prime Minister Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh during a rally in Raebareli.

All news on Encounter News is computer-generated and sourced from third parties. Please read and verify carefully. We will not be responsible for any issues. 

Encounter News
Encounter News
Encounter Media Group

Latest Articles

India Sizzles Under Historic Heatwave as Global Temperatures Top 47 Degrees Celsius

New Delhi: A brutal heatwave continues to scorch vast stretches of...

Forty-Nine Indian Nationals Killed in Russia-Ukraine Conflict, Centre Informs Supreme Court

New Delhi: The Central Government formally informed the Supreme Court on...

Bihar Follows Punjab in Announcing Free State Bus Travel for NEET UG Re-Exam Candidates

Patna: Following a similar welfare directive by the Punjab government, Bihar...

Medical Pioneers Dr Ramchandra and Suneeta Godbole to Receive Padma Shri for Bastar Tribal Welfare

Bastar: Husband-and-wife duo Dr Ramchandra Godbole and Suneeta Godbole, who have...

Cockroach Janta Party Website Taken Down Following Surge in Youth Membership and NEET Protest

New Delhi: The digital standoff between the federal administration and internet...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here