Encounter News Punjabi

Donald Trump Defends Tariffs After Court Ruling, Calls Removal a “Disaster” for US

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Washington, D.C.: US President Donald Trump on Saturday doubled down on his support for sweeping tariffs, insisting they remain vital to protecting American industries, even as a federal appeals court questioned their legality.

In a strongly worded post on Truth Social, Trump said that eliminating tariffs would cripple the nation’s economic standing. “ALL TARIFFS ARE STILL IN EFFECT! … If these tariffs ever went away, it would be a total disaster for the country. It would make us financially weak, and we have to be strong,” he wrote.

His comments came shortly after the appeals court ruled that several of the duties imposed during his administration did not meet legal requirements. While the judges stopped short of striking them down immediately, the decision sets the stage for a possible showdown in the US Supreme Court.

Trump argued that tariffs are America’s strongest tool against what he described as years of unfair trading practices. He maintained that U.S. farmers, manufacturers, and workers rely on the measures to compete globally, adding that removing them would “literally destroy the United States of America.”

“For many years, tariffs were used against us by careless politicians. Now, with the Supreme Court’s help, we will use them to the benefit of our nation and make America rich, strong, and powerful again,” he said.

Administration officials had previously warned the court against invalidating the tariffs, claiming it could damage both US foreign policy and national security interests. Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick argued in a late filing that removing the duties could trigger retaliation from trading partners and jeopardize ongoing negotiations.

For now, the tariffs remain in place, but the appeals court decision ensures that the legal battle over Trump’s trade policies will continue, with significant implications for U.S. economic strategy and global commerce.

All news on Encounter News is computer-generated and sourced from third parties. Please read and verify carefully. We will not be responsible for any issues. 

Encounter News
Encounter News
Encounter Media Group, Punjab

Latest Articles

Landslide in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi District, Family of Seven Feared Dead

Reasi – A massive landslide struck the Mahore area of Jammu...

70 Migrants Killed as Overloaded Boat Capsizes off Mauritania Coast

Nouakchott – A major tragedy struck off the coast of Mauritania...

NISAR Satellite Completes In-Orbit Tests, Set to Begin Science Operations

Washington – The NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) Earth-observing mission has...

Rajnath Singh Declares ‘No Permanent Friends or Enemies’ at Defence Summit 2025

New Delhi - Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday reinforced India’s...

Landslide Shuts Down Chandigarh-Manali Highway in Mandi, Police Prevent Major Tragedy

Mandi: Continuous rainfall in Himachal Pradesh has once again caused massive...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here