Encounter News Punjabi

Donald Trump Administration Launches ‘FIFA Pass’ to Expedite Visas for World Cup Fans

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Washington DC: In a move aimed at facilitating travel for next year’s Football World Cup, the Trump administration on Monday unveiled a new initiative, “FIFA Pass,” to provide faster visa appointments for international spectators holding World Cup tickets.

Under the system—short for Prioritized Appointment Scheduling System—fans who purchase tickets through FIFA will gain priority scheduling for visa interviews at U.S. consulates and embassies worldwide. The program is intended to streamline the influx of foreign travelers while maintaining existing security protocols.

Speaking at the White House alongside FIFA President Gianni Infantino, President Trump encouraged prospective visitors to apply for visas promptly. “I urge all World Cup travelers to apply immediately,” Trump said, highlighting the administration’s focus on ensuring smooth entry for football fans.

Infantino, who attended the announcement, emphasized the significance of the initiative, stating, “If you have a World Cup ticket, you will receive a priority visa appointment.” He added, “America welcomes the world,” referencing his earlier meetings with Trump.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio confirmed that more than 400 additional consular officers have been deployed globally to handle increased demand. He noted that in roughly 80 percent of jurisdictions, visa appointments can now be secured within 60 days. FIFA ticket holders will submit applications through a dedicated “FIFA portal,” expediting their interviews without bypassing standard security screenings. “They will go through the same security checks as everyone else. The only difference is they will be moved to the front of the queue,” Rubio said.

Next year’s tournament will feature 104 matches across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Trump reiterated that the event’s success is a top priority and hinted that matches could be relocated if host cities face safety concerns. He specifically cited Seattle, where newly elected Mayor Katie Wilson’s “Sanctuary City” stance could pose issues. “If we see any signs of trouble, I will request Gianni Infantino to move the match to another city,” Donald Trump warned.

Infantino refrained from commenting directly on Trump’s remarks about Seattle, stressing that security remains paramount. He added, “Strong ticket sales show that people have confidence in the United States,” underlining the global anticipation surrounding the tournament.

The FIFA Pass program reflects the administration’s attempt to balance strict immigration policies with the logistical demands of hosting a high-profile international sporting event, ensuring that football fans can participate without undue delays.

All news on Encounter News is computer-generated and sourced from third parties. Please read and verify carefully. We will not be responsible for any issues. 

Encounter News
Encounter News
Encounter Media Group

Latest Articles

Netanyahu Seeks Presidential Pardon, Says Ending Trial Will Help Restore Unity

Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has formally asked President Isaac...

Magnitude 4.2 Earthquake Jolts Nepal; Shallow Depth Raises Risk of Aftershocks

Kathmandu, Nepal: A mild earthquake of magnitude 4.2 struck Nepal on...

PM Modi Highlights Indian Navy and Space Achievements in 128th ‘Mann Ki Baat’

New Delhi: In the 128th edition of his monthly radio programme...

Sidhu Moosewala’s Family Launches Global Fan Challenge to Unlock Next Song; 1.6 million comments done so far

Sidhu Moosewala’s family has announced an ambitious fan-driven challenge to release...

Multiple Fatalities in Stockton Banquet Hall Shooting, Investigation Underway

Stockton, California: A tragic shooting at a banquet hall in Stockton...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here