New Delhi: A suspicious car parked near the Red Fort led to the busting of an alleged job fraud racket targeting economically weaker sections, Delhi Police said.
According to police, a patrol team from Kotwali police station noticed a car parked behind Delhi Chalo Park on Wednesday. Upon checking the vehicle, officers found two occupants — Mudassar, a r3esident of Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir, and a minor boy.
During questioning, Mudassar produced an identity card claiming he was an official of the National Investigation Agency. However, verification revealed that the card was forged and that he was allegedly impersonating a government officer.
Investigators said the accused had been targeting economically vulnerable families by promising to secure jobs for them in Delhi. In this instance, he allegedly assured the minor’s family that he would arrange employment in the capital, collected advance money, and brought the boy to Delhi under false pretences.
Based on the Joint Interrogation Report (JIR), police stated that the accused had cheated multiple individuals by posing as a government official and exploiting their need for employment.
A case has been registered at Kotwali police station under Sections 319(2) and 339 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita. Further investigation is ongoing.