Encounter News Punjabi

Diljit Dosanjh Targeted Again Amid Overseas Concert Threats

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Mumbai: Punjabi singer and actor Diljit Dosanjh has once again come under threat, this time targeting his upcoming concert in Auckland, New Zealand. The warning follows a recent incident at his Perth show, where slogans of “Khalistan Zindabad” were raised, highlighting a growing pattern of intimidation linked to his international performances.

According to sources, Gurpatwant Singh Pannu, associated with the banned group Sikhs for Justice (SFJ), posted messages on social media threatening to disrupt Dosanjh’s overseas tour and called on supporters to take action. Despite the repeated warnings, the actor has maintained a positive outlook and expressed his intent to continue performing worldwide, spreading “love and positivity.”

Tension at Perth Concert

The unrest in Perth occurred when Khalistani supporters infiltrated part of the audience and raised slogans on stage. Security personnel intervened quickly, ensuring the situation remained under control. Dosanjh, undeterred, continued his performance to the applause of thousands of fans, demonstrating composure in the face of disruption.

The Controversy’s Roots

The controversy stems from Diljit’s appearance on Kaun Banega Crorepati 17, where he was seen touching Amitabh Bachchan’s feet as a mark of respect. Extremist groups viewed this gesture as offensive, linking it to the 1984 anti-Sikh riots. The SFJ had previously issued warnings on October 29, instructing Dosanjh to stay away from Bachchan and alleging that he had insulted Sikh victims.

Diljit clarified that his gesture was out of respect and emphasized that he had no professional collaboration with the Bollywood veteran. Nevertheless, the warnings have continued, targeting his overseas events.

Rising Security Concerns for Artists

This marks the third threat against Dosanjh in a short span, reflecting a concerning trend of threats against celebrities in both the Bollywood and Punjabi entertainment industries. Previous warnings have been issued to actors like Salman Khan, raising alarms about the safety of public figures during live performances.

Authorities are reportedly coordinating with New Zealand officials to ensure adequate security measures for Dosanjh’s Auckland show. Fans worldwide have voiced their support, praising the singer for standing firm amid threats.

In response to the intimidation, Dosanjh stated, “I will not let fear dictate my art. Music is about bringing people together, and that’s what I will continue to do.” His determination has resonated with fans, reinforcing his image as a performer committed to positivity and resilience despite growing challenges.

The incident underscores the delicate balance between freedom of expression, fan engagement, and security concerns that public figures increasingly face in today’s climate.

All news on Encounter News is computer-generated and sourced from third parties. Please read and verify carefully. We will not be responsible for any issues. 

Encounter News
Encounter News
Encounter Media Group

Latest Articles

Netanyahu Seeks Presidential Pardon, Says Ending Trial Will Help Restore Unity

Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has formally asked President Isaac...

MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal Requests Lok Sabha Speaker to Pay Tribute to Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji

New Delhi: Member of Parliament Harsimrat Kaur Badal has written to...

Captain Amarinder Singh Says BJP Can Win Punjab Only Through Alliance With Akali Dal

Chandigarh: Former Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh, who left the...

Magnitude 4.2 Earthquake Jolts Nepal; Shallow Depth Raises Risk of Aftershocks

Kathmandu, Nepal: A mild earthquake of magnitude 4.2 struck Nepal on...

House Set on Fire Over Inter-Caste Marriage in Pathankot, Three Arrested

Pathankot: A house in Shamli village, under the jurisdiction of Pathankot’s...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here