Mumbai: The Mumbai Crime Branch has issued a Look Out Circular (LOC) against an alleged member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang in connection with a threat made to Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, officials said on Saturday.
According to police sources, the accused, identified as Harichandra alias Harry Boxer, allegedly sent a threatening voice message demanding Rs 20 crore in ransom. The message was received on the phone of the actor’s manager earlier this week.
Investigators said the caller claimed to be “Harry Boxer” and allegedly warned of consequences if the demand was not met. Following the complaint, the Crime Branch initiated a probe and circulated a Look Out Circular to prevent the suspect from leaving the country.
Police officials confirmed that the voice recording has been sent to authorities in Punjab and Haryana for technical analysis and verification, as part of efforts to trace the origin of the message and confirm the identity of the sender.
The suspect is believed to have links with the gang led by Lawrence Bishnoi, which has previously been associated with high-profile extortion and threat cases.
Security around the actor has been reviewed as a precautionary measure, sources said, adding that multiple teams are working to track down the accused.
The investigation remains ongoing, and further details are awaited as forensic analysis and inter-state coordination continue.