Encounter News Punjabi

JSSC-CGL Cancellation Welcomed, but Protesters Continue to Demand CBI Probe

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Ranchi: The Jharkhand government’s decision to cancel the JSSC-CGL examination and scrap tests conducted by TDPL has brought some relief to protesting job aspirants, but their agitation is not over yet. Protester Savita Kumari said the cancellation addresses only part of their demands, with the call for a CBI investigation still pending.

Kumari said protesters were pleased with the government’s decision and had already celebrated the cancellation. However, she maintained that they would continue pressing for an independent CBI inquiry into the alleged irregularities surrounding recruitment examinations.

According to her, the protesters have lost confidence in investigations carried out by the state CID. She pointed to earlier recruitment-related controversies, including the 2023 JSSC-CGL issue, as a reason for seeking a probe by a central agency.

Kumari also questioned whether simply cancelling an examination would be enough to ensure that the recruitment process remains fair. She expressed concern over the possibility of seats being allocated to candidates allegedly involved in wrongdoing and said the protesters wanted an investigation capable of establishing accountability.

The students’ movement has continued for weeks, with several aspirants undertaking hunger strikes. The government’s latest decision came after sustained demonstrations over alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations. Along with cancelling the JSSC-CGL examination, the state has announced that examinations conducted by TDPL will also be scrapped and that irregularities dating back to 2014 will be examined.

The government has also announced action concerning other JPSC examinations amid the continuing dispute. Earlier, Chief Minister Hemant Soren had announced the cancellation of the 14th JPSC examination and indicated that two other examinations would also be annulled.

Despite these measures, the demand for a CBI investigation remains a major sticking point for the protesting aspirants. Student representatives have argued that an independent investigation is necessary to establish responsibility and restore confidence in the recruitment system.

The latest developments have therefore eased some of the immediate pressure on the government, but the students’ movement is expected to continue until their remaining demands, particularly the CBI probe, are addressed.

All news on Encounter News is computer-generated and sourced from third parties. Please read and verify carefully. We will not be responsible for any issues. 

Encounter News
Encounter News
Encounter Media Group

Latest Articles

Pakistan Supreme Court Directs Hospital Transfer for Imran Khan Amid Growing Health Concerns

Islamabad: Pakistan's Supreme Court has ordered authorities to shift jailed former...

Supreme Court Rejects Plea to Replace Hanging With Alternative Death Penalty Methods

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to interfere with the...

Kiren Rijiju Defends Police Action During Student Demonstrations, Cites Zero Severe Casualties

New Delhi: Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday defended...

Centre Tells X to Follow Indian Law as Musk Pushes Greater Transparency on Takedown Requests: Sources

New Delhi: The Indian government has responded to Elon Musk’s latest...

Himachal Pradesh Weather: Orange Alert in 4 Districts, Heavy Rain Warning Issued Across 10 Areas

Shimla: Himachal Pradesh is bracing for another spell of heavy rainfall,...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here