Encounter News Punjabi

Joint US-Nigeria Strike Kills Senior ISIS Commander in Africa, Announces Donald Trump

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Washington: US President Donald Trump announced that American forces, working alongside Nigeria’s military, had carried out a major counterterrorism operation that resulted in the death of a senior ISIS leader believed to be one of the group’s top global commanders.

In a statement shared on social media, Trump said the operation was conducted under his direct orders and described it as a carefully coordinated mission aimed at eliminating Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, who he identified as the second-highest-ranking figure in the international ISIS structure.

According to Trump, the target had been hiding in Africa while allegedly helping direct extremist activities and plotting attacks linked to American interests. He claimed intelligence agencies had been closely monitoring the militant’s movements before launching the operation.

The US President said the mission was executed successfully in coordination with Nigerian armed forces and praised the West African nation for its cooperation in tackling terrorism.

Trump stated that the militant’s death would significantly weaken ISIS’s international network and reduce its ability to plan or support future attacks.

He also said the operation sends a strong message that the United States will continue tracking and targeting individuals accused of threatening global security, regardless of where they attempt to hide.

The Nigerian government has not yet issued a detailed public statement on the reported strike, and independent confirmation regarding the identity of the militant or the exact location of the operation has not been released.

Security analysts say if confirmed, the operation would represent one of the most significant blows to ISIS-linked groups operating in Africa in recent years.

The region has seen increased extremist activity over the past decade, with terror organisations exploiting instability in parts of West and Central Africa to expand recruitment and launch attacks.

Trump concluded his message by thanking Nigerian authorities for their partnership and hailed the operation as another major success in the global fight against terrorism.

All news on Encounter News is computer-generated and sourced from third parties. Please read and verify carefully. We will not be responsible for any issues. 

Encounter News
Encounter News
Encounter Media Group

Latest Articles

US Imposes 50% Tariffs on Canadian Imports as Bilateral Trade Talks Collapse

Washington DC: The United States enacted 50 percent tariffs on Canadian...

Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney Condemns Stabbing Attack at Edmonton Gurdwara

Edmonton: Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney has strongly condemned a violent...

US Announces New Green Card Application Form Effective September 18

Washington DC: The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services has announced...

Six Indians Among Crew of Cargo Ship Seized by Pirates off Somalia

Tehran: Six Indian nationals are among the 10 people aboard a...

Uttarakhand Braces for More Heavy Rain as 107 Roads Remain Closed, Five Districts on Alert

Dehradun: Uttarakhand continues to remain under the grip of a prolonged...

Two Nigerian Nationals Held in Delhi for Visa Overstay During Police Drive

New Delhi: Two Nigerian nationals, including a woman, have been apprehended...

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here